Lecturer: Vincent Lepetit
This class will first introduce the concept and problematic of Augmented Reality. We will then present the theoretical tools and technical bricks used in Augmented Reality. We will also study past and current 3D registration systems, as well as realistic rendering methods.
•lesson 1 (Oct 9): Introduction, The Basics I (camera models)
•lesson 2 (Oct 16): The Basics II (camera registration algorithms);
•lesson 3 (Oct 23): The Basics III (numerical optimization);
•lesson 4 (Oct 30): The Basics IV (marker-based tracking; edge-based tracking);
•lesson 5 (Nov 6): The Basics V (template-based tracking);
•lesson 6 (Nov 13): The Basics VI (feature point-based tracking);
•lesson 7 (Nov 20): The Basics VII (feature point-based detection);
•lesson 8 (Dec 4): Realistic rendering;
•lesson 9 (Dec 11): Case study I (RGB-D cameras, Kinect-Fusion);
•lesson 10 (Dec 18): Case study II (EKF tracking, PTAM);
•lesson 11 (Jan 15): Case study III (DTAM, LSD);
•lesson 12 (Jan 22): Presentation of Lab exercices by the students.
•(Jan 29): exam
Note that there won’t be a lecture on Nov 27, and the class will start on Oct 9
- Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision Second Edition. Richard Hartley and Andrew Zisserman, Cambridge University Press, March 2004.
- Lucas-Kanade 20 Years On: A Unifying Framework. S. Baker and I. Matthews. International Journal of Computer Vision, 2004.
- Real-Time Visual Tracking of Complex Structures. T. Drummond and R. Cipolla. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2002.
- V. Lepetit and P. Fua, Monocular Model-Based 3D Tracking of Rigid Objects: A Survey. Foundations and Trends in Computer Graphics and Vision, 2005.
- L. Vacchetti, V. Lepetit, and P. Fua, Stable Real-Time 3D Tracking Using Online and Offline Information. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2004.
- KinectFusion: Real-Time Dense Surface Mapping and Tracking. Richard A. Newcombe, Shahram Izadi, Otmar Hilliges, David Molyneaux, David Kim, Andrew J. Davison, Pushmeet Kohli, Jamie Shotton, Steve Hodges, and Andrew Fitzgibbon. ISMAR 2011.
- Real-time simultaneous localisation and mapping with a single camera. A. J. Davison. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2003.
- Parallel Tracking and Mapping for Small AR Workspaces. Georg Klein and David Murray. ISMAR’07.
- Simulating Low-Cost Cameras for Augmented Reality Compositing. Georg Klein and David Murray.
- In Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, May/June 2010.
- DTAM: Dense Tracking and Mapping in Real-Time. Richard A. Newcombe, Steven J. Lovegrove, and Andrew J. Davison. ICCV 2011.
- Semi-Dense Visual Odometry for AR on a Smartphone. T. Schöps, J. Engel, and D. Cremers. ISMAR'14.