Traunkirchen is located in Upper Austria within the Salzkammergut region and can be easily reached from the next nearest airports of Linz (80km) and Salzburg (90km). From Linz and Salzburg train connections are available. Alternatively, one can also take a plane to Munich (220km) or Vienna (250km) and take a train from there.
- From Linz airport take the bus or taxi to the main railway station (Hauptbahnhof) in Linz and continue by train (see below). Some trains also leave directly from the train station in Hörsching where airport is located (Total travel time ~2 hours)
- From Salzburg airport take the bus or taxi to the main railway station (Hauptbahnhof) and continue by train (see below). (Travel time ~2 hours)
- From Vienna airport, take the airport bus, the suburban train (S7) or a taxi to the railway station Wien/Westbahnhof and continue by train. (Travel time ~4 hours)
- From Munich airport, take a taxi or the suburban train (S1) to the main railway station München/Hauptbahnhof and continue via Salzburg by train. (Travel time ~4.5 hours)
Alternatively to the train, we can also provide a direct transfer service from the airports to Traunkirchen.
From Vienna, Linz or Salzburg take the motorway (Westautobahn) A1 and take the exit Regau, then turn left onto the main road B145 in the direction of Gmunden. At the major crossroads with traffic lights, continue straight towards Altmünster and on to Traunkirchen.
Travel time from exit Regau: 20 min.
From Salzburg, Linz or Vienna, take the Westbahn railway line and change in "Attnang/Puchheim" to the regional train (direction Gmunden/Bad Ischl) to "Traunkirchen-Ort". Attention: There is another train station named "Traunkirchen" just 4 km before the stop in the main village. In case you accidentally leave the train at this station, call the hotel by telephone +43 7617-23070 and they will shortly pick you up there.
- from Linz: ~1 hour 15 min
- from Salzburg: ~1 hour 30 min
- from Vienna: ~3 hours
- from Munich: ~3 hours 15 min