The function of “internal auditing" is specified in Austrian University Law, UG 2002 which went into effect at JKU in 2004. After restructuring and or redesign of the most important operational administrative units at JKU in 2007, internal auditing was converted into an independent department.
Goals of Internal Auditing
- Improvement of business processes, as well as generation of incremental value via independent and objective assessments and advisory services.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management, controlling, the regulation and monitoring processes, as well as support of optimization measures.
- Support of organizational units in the form of internal management consultation.
Procedures of Assessment by Internal Auditing
- Issuance of a request to the Rector’s Office
- Analysis of internal processes, organizational units etc. in co-operation with the departments concerned
- Discussion of analysis results as well as presentation of an examination report including suggestions for improvement
- Follow up and monitoring of the improvement measures as decided by the Rector’s Office