Finance and Accounting - Master's Degree Program
The Master's degree program "Finance and Accounting" follows an
- integrated approach in all relevant perspectives of modern financial leadership
- at companies,
- in public administration and
- at private, non-profit organizations.
- application-oriented specialization in
- Finance & Managerial Accounting or
- Accounting & Tax Management
- Interdisciplinary networking in specialized areas as part of current topics
Graduates of the program can pursue challenging management tasks in Austria or abroad in the fields of finance, tax management, managerial accounting and financial accounting:
- At companies in all areas of business and industry
- In auditing, tax consulting, and controlling & consulting
- In the banking sector, such as in portfolio management, treasury, corporate financial analysis
- In public administration and in non-profit sector management
- in academia in the areas of research and teaching
- Prospective applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree or Diploma degree in Business (WiWi JKU) or
- Hold a Bachelor's degree comparable in content and scope to Business at the JKU
Equivalency is given if courses in Business Administration total 100 ECTS credits and at least half of the course content in other subjects within the undergraduate degree program in Business are covered.
- see the curriculum for details under § 2 Admission
Master's Degree Thesis
In the area of "Accounting und Tax Management":
- Providing the student has successfully completed the subjects "Grundlagen in Finance and Accounting" and "Vertiefende Forschungsmethoden und Praxisfragen in Accounting und Tax Management".
In the area of "Finance und Managerial Accounting":
- Providing the student has successfully completed the subjects "Grundlagen in Finance and Accounting" and "Vertiefung in Forschungsmethoden in Finance und Managerial Accounting".
Students must attend the Master's thesis seminar while writing their Master's degree thesis.
Master's Degree Examination
- Part 1: Successful completion of mandatory subjects and electives
- Part 2: Oral examination: defence of the Master's thesis and discussion of exam results
In order to complete the second part of the Master's degree examination, students must successfully complete the first part, earn a passing grade for the Master's thesis, the Master's seminar as well as autonomous courses.
Academic Degree/Program Length
Degree Program: Master's Degree in Finance and Accounting
Degree Awarded: Master of Science or MSc or MSc (JKU)
Length: 4 Semesters
Recommended start of studies: Winter Semester
The examination reading list for individual modules in "Grundlagen in Finance und Accounting" can be found on the following institute websites:
Institute for Controlling & Consulting
Institute for Management Accounting
Institute of Public and Non-Profit Management
Institute of Tax Management
Institute of Financial Accounting and Auditing
Institute of Corporate Finance