Industrial Mathematics - Master's Degree Program
The Bachelor's degree program in Technical Mathematics and the Master's degree programs in Natural Science Mathematics, Industrial Mathematics and Computer Mathematics at the Johannes Kepler University Linz prepare students for the following professions and occupational areas:
- Creating and analyzing mathematical models for scientific processes in technology, business, and natural sciences,
- Applying known and new solving methods for models according to the state of mathematical science,
- Implementing and applying solution methods by using the latest developments in software technology for computer algorithms.
The program has been designed to enable graduates to study independently in their field and and acquire communication skills to also work successfully in a team environment together with people from other disciplinary fields.
Specialization Master's Degree in Industrial Mathematics: Mathematical Modeling and Numerical Simulation of Problems in Engineering and Business
After successful completion of the degree program, graduates can pursue occuations in the following fields (examples are listed, not a complete listing):
- Research and Development facilities in industry, business and the public sector
- Companies that provide financial services, such as banks and insurance companies
- Companies in the area of software development and information technology
- Universities, other post-secondary educational institutions and external research facilities
Graduates of the Bachelor's degree program can pursue professional careers in fields that apply known mathematical methods and existing computer software. Based on a deep understanding of mathematical foundations according to the current state of science, graduates understand how to adapt these methods and continue developing programs. Advanced studies focusing on the development of new methods based on current research to apply in practice is reserved for students enrolled in one of the graduate degree programs.
Academic Degree / Length
Academic Degree Program: Master's Degree in Industrial Mathematics
Degree Awarded: Diploma Engineer (Diplom-Ingenieurin) - (DIin or Dipl.-Ing.in) and Diplom-Ingenieur (DI or Dipl.-Ing.)
Program Length: 4 Semesters