Mathematics in Natural Sciences - Master's Degree Program
The Bachelor's degree program in Technical Mathematics and the Master's degree programs in Natural Sciences, Industrial Mathematics and Computer Mathematics at the Johannes Kepler University Linz prepare students for the following professions and occupational areas:
- die Erstellung und Analyse mathematischer Modelle für in der Technik, der Wirtschaft und den Naturwissenschaften auftretende Prozesse
- die Anwendung bekannter und die Entwicklung neuer Lösungsverfahren für solche Modelle nach dem jeweiligen Stand der mathematischen Wissenschaft
- Implementing and applying solution methods by using the latest developments in computer algorithms according to the current state of software technology
The program has been designed to enable graduates to study independently in their field and and acquire communication skills to also work successfully in a team environment together with people from other disciplinary fields.
Specialization Master's Degree in Mathematics in Natural Sciences: Mathematical Modeling and Methods in Natural Sciences
After successful completion of the degree program, graduates can pursue occuations in the following fields (examples are listed, not a complete listing):
- Research and Development facilities in industry, business and the public sector
- Companies that provide financial services, such as banks and insurance companies
- Companies in the area of software development and information technology
- Universities, other post-secondary educational institutions and external research facilities.
Graduates of the Bachelor's degree program can pursue professional careers in fields that apply known mathematical methods and existing computer software. Based on a deep understanding of mathematical foundations according to the current state of science, graduates understand how to adapt these methods and continue developing programs. The further study of developing new methods based on current research to use in practice is reserved for students enrolled in one of the graduate degree programs.
Academic Degree Program / Length
Academic Degree Program: Mathematics in Natural Sciences - Master's Degree Program
Degree Awarded: Diploma Engineer (Diplom-Ingenieurin) - (DIin or Dipl.-Ing.in) and Diplom-Ingenieur (DI or Dipl.-Ing.)
Program Length: 4 Semesters