Master's Degree in Business Informatics
Business and technology as well as society and culture are subject to constant change. Business Informatics is an area between business and technology focused on responsibly shaping and driving these processes of change.
The Master's degree program in Business Informatics is an extension of the Bachelor's degree program in Business Informatics and Computer Sciences. Students learn more in-depth about the field of Business Informatics and expand their focus in preparation of pursuing a contemporary professional career.
Special Features of the Master's Degree Program at the Johannes Kepler University Linz
The Master's degree program at the JKU is characterized by the broad range of subjects students can choose from. The special selection of classes and combination possbilities offered by the Faculty for Social Sciences, Economics & Business and the Faculty of Engineering & Natural Sciences is unique in Austria and only available in this program at the JKU Linz.
The large selection of elective classes allows students to focus their studies in preparation for a certain professions in accordance with the student's personal interests and objectives.
An Academic Degree Program with Different Areas of Focus
Instead of enrolling in several, more specific Master's degree programs, this program offers different areas of specialization and during the course of the program, students can choose to specialize in:
- Business Informatics with special expertise in Business Informatics, Computer Sciences and electives in Business Informatics
- Information & Knowledge Management with special expertise in business process management, information and knowledge extraction, information representation and processing, IT media
- Software & Data Engineering with special expertise in initiating, implementation, monitoring, and managing software projects in the areas of data engineering and semantic technologies
- Business Intelligence & Data Science with special expertise for the development and implementation of innovative tools for data analysis and business-related knowledge in the extraction of large amounts of data.
- Web Engineering & Management with special expertise for the development and implementation of optimized web-based systems
- Business Engineering & Logistics Management special expertise for the development and implementation of optimized IT systems in production and logistic management
- Security Engineering & Management special expertise for the development and implementation of optimized security systems from a technical and organizational perspective
- Information Systems & Marketing special expertise for the development and implementation of optimized IT systems for marketing purposes
- Information Systems & Financial Management with special expertise for the development and implementation of optimized IT systems in support of financial management
- Information Systems & Controlling with special expertise for the development and implementation of optimized IT systems for financial controlling
- Information Systems & Human Ressource Management with special expertise for the development and implementation of optimized IT systems in support of Human Resource Management
- Information Systems & Economics with special expertise for the development and implementation of optimized IT systems to support empirical business and economic research
No other academic degree program offers students such a broad field of activity as the Master's degree program in Business Informatics. Graduates of Business Informatics often secure well-paid positions in business, industry, and administration. They take on IT management tasks at companies, consulting firms, research laboratories, development teams and other areas. Graduates of the program are often among a group of successful entrpreneuers.
Academic Degree Program / Length
Academic Degree Program: Master's Degree Program in Business Informatics
Degree Awarded: Master of Science (MSc) or MSc (JKU)
Program Length: 4 semesters
Multimedia Study Services SOWI (MuSSS)
Beginning in Winter Semester 2009/2010, parts of this academic degree program will run parallel to on-site classroom courses in the new program MuSSS (Multi-Media Study Services SOWI). Please find more information here (German only):