Bachelor's Degree in Social Economics
Progress in international networking, flexibility, and delimitations of markets as well as persistent social, cultural, and economic problems have resulted in having to institutionalize tasks in research and teaching as well as focus on skill sets in interdisciplinary and integrative knowledge. The Bachelor's degree program in Social Economics provides a broad education in social and economics sciences and aims to equip graduates with skill sets to solve problems and address social, cultural, and interdisciplinary issues at the crossroads of business, politics and society.
The Bachelor's degree program in Social Economics allows students to select an individual focus of study and graduates are prepared to enter a variety of professional fields. In particular, the program focuses strongly on professionalizing social services as well as implementing social perspectives in primarily economic areas. Graduates of the Bachelor's degree program in Social Economics at the JKU can apply their academic skill sets to:
- Leadership responsibilities at Austrian and/or international institutions and social economic agencies (such as non-profit organizations)
- Responsibilities in cross-system areas of project management
- Conception, organization and implementation of educational, informational and communication activities
- Consult, advocate and provide empowerment in social areas of practice
- Organize application-oriented, cross-linked research activities in areas of social, economics, environmental, political, education and culture.
A sound, interdisciplinary combination of social sciences, economics and supplementary subjects provides graduates with strong qualifications for these professional oocupations. In addition, there is strong focus on the substantive character of studies as well as helping students acquire social skills by working on application and team-oriented projects and focus on international development.
Academic Degree Program / Length
Program of Study: Bachelor's Degree in Social Economics
Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Science (BSc or BSc (JKU))
Program Length: 6 Semesters
Multimedia Study Services SOWI (MuSSS)
Beginning in Winter Semester 2009/2010, sections of this academic degree program will run parallel to on-site classes in the new program MuSSS (Multi-Media Study Services SOWI). Click here for more information (German only):