Gender & Diversity Management
The Department of Gender & Diversity Management is subject to the administrative regulations set by Mag. Brigitte Hütter, Vice-Rector for Human Resources, Diversity and IT.
Dr. Margit Waid has supervised and managed the department since October 2007.
In January 2015, the department was divided into two offices:
Office of Gender Competence - Dept. Manager Mag. Sandra Nuspl, MBA
Office of Diversity Competence - Dept. Manager Mag. Susanne Kaufmann
Gender & Diversity Goals and Objectives
One of the Johannes Kepler University's core strategic goals is increasing the number of women in all areas of the university which are characterized by a distinct asymmetry of gender relations.
• Increase the number of women in under-represented areas.
• Support a gender democratic corporate culture. Awareness of gender specific disadvantages.
• Establish a program for the advancement of women that has a widespread impact.
• Increase the number of female students and graduates in fields of engineering.
• Analyze equal opportunity relevant data from all university personnel.
• Conception of strategies for implementing principles of gender mainstreaming.
• Development and implementation of measures in continual education and career advancement for women.
• Measures to provide couseling, advising and planning for career advancement.
• Measures in support of work-life balance.
- Statutory Provisions in Accordance with § 19 para. 2 Z 7 UG 2002 (12KB, German only)
- Plan for the Advancement of Women at the JKU (186KB, German only)