Gender & Diversity Management
The Department of Gender & Diversity Management is subject to the administrative regulations set by Rector Univ. Prof. Dr. Meinhard Lukas.
Dr. Margit Waid has supervised and managed the department since October 2007.
In January 2015, the department was divided into two offices:
Office of Gender Competence - Dept. Manager Mag. Sandra Nuspl, PMML
Office of Diversity Competence - Dept. Manager Mag. Christine Hiebl
Gender & Diversity Goals and Objectives
One of the Johannes Kepler University's core strategic goals is increasing the number of women in all areas of the university which are characterized by a distinct asymmetry of gender relations.
• Increase the number of women in under-represented areas.
• Support a gender democratic corporate culture. Awareness of gender specific disadvantages.
• Establish a program for the advancement of women that has a widespread impact.
• Increase the number of female students and graduates in fields of engineering.
• Analyze equal opportunity relevant data from all university personnel.
• Conception of strategies for implementing principles of gender mainstreaming.
• Development and implementation of measures in continual education and career advancement for women.
• Measures to provide couseling, advising and planning for career advancement.
• Measures in support of work-life balance.
- Statutory Provisions in Accordance with § 19 para. 2 Z 7 UG 2002 (12KB, German only)
- Plan for the Advancement of Women at the JKU (186KB, German only)