The Department for Employee Protection and Safety is divided into 3 main areas:
- General Safety
- Fire Safety
- Occupational Health
This Department Offers Consulting and Support Services to the Central Services Department and All Institutes at JKU in Regards to the following:
- Questions regarding occupational health, including accident prevention
- Planning work centers and workstations
- Acquisition or modification of work equipment
- Modification of working techniques and implementation of working materials
- Questions regarding ergonomic and hygienic conditions at the workplace
- Design of workstations and workplaces
- Evaluation and assessment of hazards in the workplace
- Plans for preventing hazards in the workplace
- Selection of personal protective equipment and clothing
- Organization of education and training in this field
- Organization of fire safety and building evacuation plans
Additional duties and responsibilities of the Department for Employee Protection and Safety include:
- Inspection of workstations and construction sites, as well as participation in inspections carried out by the Labor Regulations Inspector.
- Investigation and inspection of causes for working accidents and work related diseases as well as the analysis of physicals.
- Consultation of associates on issues of work safety.
- Organization of First Aid.
- Preservation and support of health at each respective workplace.
- Consulting and reintegration of physically or mentally challenged persons into working processes.
- Occupational health physicals for associates (as well as immunizations)