Page Areas:

Position Indication:


Exchange Program Study Grants

Beschreibung: Exchange Program Study Grants

The following study grants are available in support of your stay abroad (also for non-Austrian citizens). The grants amounts vary according to the type of exchange program you are on, where you live, and whether or not you receive financial aid:

  • Erasmus study grants (intended mostly for studies at European universities)
  • The JKU Study Grant (mostly for universities located outside of Europe)
  • Financial Aid for Study Abroad Programs (for students in the 2nd part of studies or the third semester of a Bachelor's or Master's degree program receiving financial aid)
  • IPS Study Grant of the Upper Austrian Government (for students with main residency in Upper Austria for at least 1 year)

Erasmus Study Grants:

These are the exact Erasmus study grant amounts per month for the 2017/2018 academic year:



€ 300

Bulgaria, Estonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary

€ 300

Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey

€ 350

Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden

Additional Funding for Students with Special Needs

For students who have special needs (Info Sheet, Form) or students with child(ren) (Info Sheet, Form) seeking to study abroad on an ERASMUS program can apply for additional funding made available by the European Commissionn.

The JKU Study Abroad Grant:

Application:  (Neues Fenster) under "Forms" please select "Exchange Programs: Scholarship Application"

Financial Aid for A Study Abroad Program:

Students receiving financial aid ("Studienbeihilfe") in Linz and currently completing the second part of studies - or in the second semester of a Bachelor's or Master's degree program - can apply for additional financial aid ("Auslandsbeihilfe") in support of studying abroad. See the Austrian Study Grant Authority homepage to learn more about the funds available and the application procedure.

If the grant rate for "Auslandsbeihilfe" is less than the Erasmus grant or the JKU-Exchange Grant Erasmus, the JKU will make up the difference.

IPS Study Grant:

JKU Linz students who have official residency in Upper Austria (at least 1 year) can apply for the IPS study grant funded by the Upper Austrian government (max. grant € 100 for Europe + travel allowance, max. €480). Additional Information

Förderungsstipendium (Funding Grant)

A "Förderungsstipendium" provides financial support to assist in completing a Diploma/Master's degree thesis or doctoral dissertation (student must be currently working on the thesis/dissertation). Additional information


such as the