IPS Supported by the Upper Austrian Government
Internationalization Program for Students (IPS) of the Upper Austrian Government
Please note: These grants and scholarships are only available to students and graduates officially enrolled at the JKU.
Students enrolled at other universities or at universities of applied sciences in Upper Austria can obtain information here: www.ooe.gv.at >Themen >Bildung und Forschung >Förderung), or contact their respective International Office, or contact the Amt der o.ö. Landesregierung, Dept. Wirtschaft Ph.: (+43 732) 7720-15138; e-mail: wi.post(at)ooe.gv.at.
IPS is a study grant program funded by the government of Upper Austria and following the guidelines (www.ooe.gv.at - Topic - Funding) for universities and universities of applied sciences in Upper Austria. Students may apply for financial aid for exchange programs and research stays, courses, and internships in non-German speaking countries but not for language courses. Students do not have any legal claim or entitlement to be awarded a grant.
Funding Requirements for JKU Students/Graduates (Excerpt from the Guidelines):
The complete guidelines can be found at below (s. "Application and Guidelines").
- Continual enrollment in a degree program at JKU or successful completion of a degree program at the JKU
- Successful completion of at least 2 semesters of study at the time of embarking on the program
- At the time of application, the applicant must be an official resident of Upper Austria (main residence) for a period of at least one year
- Submission of a complete application package (s.b. application information sheet)
- Proof of a reasonable amount of personal capital to support the intended stay abroad (including an IPS scholarship and other acquired funding currently at least 10% [subject to change] of the costs in accordance with the student's budget plan)
Please note: when studying abroad on an official exchange program students may not disenroll from studies at the JKU during this period. Student must remain enrolled at the JKU (submit valid confirmation)!
Important Conditions (Excerpt from the Guidelines):
- Within four weeks after your stay abroad has been completed, students must submit a written report to the Amt der OÖ. Landesregierung, Abt. Wirtschaft as well as a confirmation/certificate certifying completion of the internship, study abroad program, research program or course of study.
- Upon request by the government of Upper Austria, students have a two week period to submit payment vouchers (invoices and payment documentation) in regards to the appropriate use of state funds in compliance with the amount of the student's previously submitted cost and finance plan.
Grant Distribution (quota):
- Min. 2 weeks (10 working days) - max. 10 months
(Grants and scholarships available for stays abroad in non-German speaking countries only!)
- EUR 100 maximum per month,
- Travel allowance: EUR 240 maximum for Europe, EUR 480 maximum outside of Europe
- Maximum grant amount per person: EUR 1480
- Applications can be submitted at any time, however they must be submitted before your planned stay abroad.
- Processing Dates: 1. February, 1. April, 1. June, 15. November
Application and Guidelines
Application is to be done at the JKU Online Application Platform for a Stay Abroad within the appropriate program:
(Scholarship Application for "Exchange Programs", "Erasmus-Traineeship" or "Other Stays Abroad").
Additional forms that could be helpful:
Application forms for credit transfer / examination recognition from your study abroad program for before/after the program.