Page Areas:

Additional Information:

Discover Austria (Go on Exchange to the JKU)

Study Abroad Brochure

Download (2,2 MB) ...  more of Discover Austria (Go on Exchange to the JKU) (Titel)

Studying at the JKU

Hier den Alternativtext zum Bild eingeben!


Related Links

Position Indication:


Visa and Residence Regulations

1. EEA Citizens

For students from the European Economic Area (EU and EFTA countries) and Switzerland there are no specific requirements to enter Austria. A valid passport is sufficient to enter Austria.

If you are staying in Austria for longer than 3 months you are required to register with the Magistrat Linz, Einwohner- und Standesamt, Abteilung Fremdenrecht, Hauptstraße 1 – 5, 4041 Linz within the first 4 months of your stay. You will receive a confirmation of registration ("Anmeldebescheinigung"). You will need to show the following documents:

  • recent passport-sized photograph
  • valid identification card or passport
  • proof of health insurance covering all the necessary costs (e.g. European Health Insurance Card)
  • proof of sufficient financial means
  • a confirmation of admission by the University (Studienbestätigung)
  • € 35 (fee)

In cases of non-compliance with this regulation a fine may be imposed.

2. Other Nationals

For students from non-European Union or European Free Trade Association countries, an entry or residence permit for entry into and residence in Austria is required. The type of permit depends on the length of your stay:

application/pdfVisa regulations for Austria (252KB, Visa, residence permit)