Page Areas:

Additional Information:

Discover Austria (Go on Exchange to the JKU)

Study Abroad Brochure

Download (2,2 MB) ...  more of Discover Austria (Go on Exchange to the JKU) (Titel)

Studying at the JKU

Hier den Alternativtext zum Bild eingeben!


Related Links

Position Indication:


Health Insurance

EU students only need to bring and show their European Health Insurance Card.

For Students from Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey:
The above named countries have a national insurance agreement with Austria. Before entering Austria, please inquire about health insurance regulations in your home country and request the appropriate documents for your stay (in Croatia e.g. 'HRA3'). In case of illness, you must present this document (or your insurance card) to the doctor/hospital and then complete a form titled “Patientenerklärung” in order to obtain medical history information and secure all legal formalities. The document will allow you to seek free medical services and the final payment will be carried out directly between the OÖGKK and your insurance company.

For Students from Countries With No National Insurance Agreement With Austria:

If you are from a country that has no national health insurance agreement with Austria, we strongly recommend purchasing health insurance from the Upper Austrian Health Insurance Company (OÖGKK) for a fee of € 56,74 per month. This insurance policy will also be accepted for your visa application. You may purchase student health insurance only after your arrival in Austria. The forms are available at the International Office.
After purchasing a health insurance policy, you will receive an "E-Card" which you must present when seeking medical services.

The Health Insurance policy covers:
Hospital stays, doctor visits (free of charge) and reduced prescription rates (currently € 5,55) for medicine.

To apply for health care insurance with the OÖGKK, please submit the following:

  1. Registration form
  2. Confirmation of registration at the University ("Studienbestätigung")
  3. "Studienblatt" which you can print at the ServicePoint Computers at the University
  4. Residence Registration ("Meldezettel")

There are two OÖGKK office locations in Linz:
Gruberstraße 77, A-4040 Linz, Ph. +43-732-7807-0
Hauptstraße 16 -18, A-4010 Linz, +43-732-71 02 61-0

Important information on the requirement of adequate travel insurance

General information