Relocation, Relocating with IT
As soon as the new location has been determined, planning your move can begin. You can complete some of the tasks on the "To Do" list before the actual moving date.
In general, sites, buildings and rooms at the JKU have always been fitted with various communication infrastructure. For this reason, your infrastructure requirements may not be available with some adaptation.
Please use our comprehensive checklist to support your move. We have created checklists according to topic and in chronological order.
We are also available for viewing appointments and will support your move by providing all of the required information!
4 Weeks Before Relocating
If you are planning a move, please clarify the following at least four weeks before the planned moving date:
- Are there sufficient data endpoints (DEP, network connectors, data outlets), etc. available at the new location for PC work stations, notebooks, printers, etc.?
- Is there sufficient connecting bandwidth available in the building?
- Is there sufficient connection bandwidth available at the data endpoints?
- Are there sufficient data endpoints (DEP, phone & network connections) available in the rooms at the new location for the phones?
- Are there sufficient data endpoints available (DEP, phone & network connections) for fax connections?
- Are there enough electrical outlets available for terminals in the room?
- Should IM connect all workstations or printers?
- Which - and how many - patch cables will needed at the new location and how long should they be?
3 Weeks Before Relocating
To ensure a smooth start-up in regards to your communications infrastructure, the following documents must be completed and submitted to IM at least 3 weeks before your move:
- Floor plan with workspace plans
- IT Relocation List (complete)
1 Week Before Relocating
To ensure that IM can install and complete all communication requirements, please provide the exact moving date one week before the planned move! Minor changes can still be considered!
Your Contact Partner at IM:
Deptartment of Networks and Telephone Services
+43 732 2468 8080
Dept. of User Services
Mr. Wohlschlager +43 732 2468 3900
If you have any questions or concerns, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.