Programs for Teachers and School Students
We aim to offer teachers and school students at AHS and BHS schools services in conjunction with studies in physics.
- Field trips to the university
- Lectures at schools on specific topics
- Publication of teaching materials
- Support in the supervision academic papers
- Supervision of externally enrolled students (supporting gifted students)
- Advanced training for teachers
- Information for prospective students (job fairs, FIT study taster, future day, ...)
Please see Department of Didactic of Physics under "AHS/BHS" for more information.
In 2010 the program Young Physics Scientists was created in cooperation with the Upper Austrian Chamber of Commerce, the State Education Authority of Upper Austria and leading local industrial companies. The program aims to introduce AHS school students to modern research in physics and technology at the university and at partner companies in Austria. The program includes partial courses in theory and practice pertaining to surface physics and analytics (8 half-day sessions at the JKU and a 4-week summer internship at one of the Upper Austrian partner companies). Students will eventually be able to used what they have learned to complete their school academic paper.
The second program of Young Physics Scientists will commence this coming Summer Semester.