Page Areas:

Additional Information:

JKU Fan Community on Facebook

"Like" the JKU on Facebook!

Become a JKU Fan on Facebook! ...  more of JKU Fan Community on Facebook (Titel)

Austrian Student Union Representatives

Logo ÖH

Position Indication:


Admission to Take Courses for Credit Transfer to Another University

Students enrolled at another university (their "home university") but who must take courses at the Johannes Kepler University for credit transfer (because, for example, the home university does not offer the specific required course) are called "MitbelegerInnen".

Students taking courses at the Johannes Kepler University Linz for the first time must pre-register online in advance.

To complete the enrollment procedure, students must then come to the Admissions Office during the general admission period and bring the following:

  • Valid passport
  • School Leaving Certificate
  • Proof of Austrian social insurance (E-card and insurance number)
  • Confirmation of having successfully completed the pre-registration procedure
  • Most recent study records sheet (=Studienblatt) from the student's home university
  • Marriage certificate, in the event that names on documents do not match
  • If applicable, proof of having successfully completed a degree program (diploma, conferral notification, etc.)
  • Confirmation issued by Studies Administration Office at the student's home university stating that the courses being taking at the Johannes Kepler University are not offered or available at the student's home university.

Please note that the tuition at your home university (the university at which you are enrolled in a degree program) must be paid. Payment must be shown by presenting your studies record sheet to Johannes Kepler University Linz each semester.