1. Application Procedures for Exchange Students
As soon as we have received an official nomination from your home university, we kindly ask you to fill out our online application form and upload the requested documents:
- Learning Agreement/Study Programme
- Academic transcripts (list of courses you have successfully passed at your home university)
- Diploma - Bachelor/Master Degree (if applicable)
- Proof of language proficiency in English or German: (level B2 or higher of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Students enrolled in any study programme taught solely in English, do not need to provide further proof of language proficiency. EXCEPTION: For General Management a minimum English level of C1 is obligatory!
- 1 passport-sized photograph
- 1 photocopy of your valid passport
Please note the following deadlines:
After all application materials have been processed and housing arrangements have been confirmed by the student dormitory, we will send the following documents via e-mail:
- A letter of acceptance
- Information on housing (provided a request for accommodation was submitted)
- VISA invitation letter (if required)
If you intend to complete an internship during your stay, we ask that you please first submit internship application materials to our office. Please note the following deadlines:
April 1 for a placement beginning the following October and
October 1 for a placement beginning the following March
The e-mail address you enter on the online application form will be used by JKU to contact you. We ask you to ensure that the address you provide is a legitimate, working e-mail address. If you change your e-mail address, please notify us immediately.
2. Application Procedure for Erasmus Free Mover Students
You can apply for admission as Erasmus free mover student for a period of up to one academic year if
- your home university is an official participant in the Erasmus program,
- there is no official student exchange agreement between your home university and the Johannes Kepler University Linz AND
- you can be officially nominated as Erasmus student by your home university
- upon accepctance, your home university is willing to sign a bilateral agreement
You need to submit the following documents by e-mail:
- Learning Agreement
- Academic Transcripts issued by your home university
- Current CV (resume)
Your official nomination as an Erasmus Free Mover Student must be submitted by the beginning of the semester. You will be informed in writing whether or not your application has been approved.
Please note the following application deadlines:
- June 1 for the following winter semester
- November 1 for the following summer semester
Students from universities not eligible to participate in an Erasmus program or from universities that do not have an official partnership agreement with the JKU Linz are required to apply for admission at 'Zulassungsservice' (Admissions Department). Detailed information is available under
Admission for Degree-Seeking International Students
3. Application to Extend the Exchange Period at JKU
Were you originally nominated by your home university to spend one term at JKU and would like to extend your stay for another term?
To apply for an extension of your stay, please complete and submit an
to the International Office.
Please note the application deadline is November 15.
After receiving and reviewing your application of extension, the International Office at JKU will contact you by e-mail to inform you whether or not your application has been approved.