SE Modern Topics in Signal Processing
Acquisition of knowledge in digital signal processing and related scientific fields by reading the latest publications in these fields. Thereby the students should gain an overview of the current research in these scientific areas.
The students write a seminar paper about current topics in the area of digital signal and image processing and present it. The topics vary for each student and focus on current scientific publications of the following scientific fields:
- Mathematical methods of digital signal processing (compressed sensing, wavelet transform,…)
- Modelling and design of sensors (FEM methods, analytical methods, physical modelling)
- Modelling of measurement uncertainty (GUM)
- Methods of theoretical electrical engineering
- Precision measurement technology
- Other fields are also covered by this course
Learning Methods and Activities
Lectures by students about treated topics, writing of two seminar papers about them
Two lectures by students about the selected topics, writing of one seminar paper about each.
Is accordingly selected