Joint Master's Degree Programme in Comparative Social Policy and Welfare
In cooperation with the University of Tampere (Finland) and the Mykolas Romeris University (Vilnius, Lithuania), the Johannes Kepler University Linz (Austria) is offering a unique educational joint Master’s Degree programme entitled "Comparative Social Policy and Welfare (COSOPO)".
The next study programme start in September 2018. On this website you find the information about the application process.
Application period: 1. October 2017 till 31. March 2018.
The programme aims to supplement students’ academic credentials and enhance future career prospects to pursue professions as highly qualified analysts and applied researchers at national, European and international organizations. Graduates can work in welfare management and social policy development and successfully apply acquired skills to create, develop and evaluate social programmes and projects.
The programme provides a greater understanding of social policy and welfare theories. Students will acquire
- abilities to openly engage in critical examination of these fields,
- expertise and a strong understanding of comparative and interdisciplinary welfare and social policy research,
- skills in intercultural communication,
- skills to implement and conduct research in social policy and welfare within countries that have different welfare models.
The programme's intercultural and interdisciplinary approach offers students a rich and valuable experience to learn and conduct research in an international environment. See a short film about the programme produced by our partner Mykolas Romeris University Vilnius.
Teaching and learning methods: Intensive programmes (3 intensive programmes in 2 weeks) conducted at each partner university and through distance teaching based classes (via the online platform “Moodle”). Each semester starts with a two-week attendance period at one of the partner universities. The rest of the semester is organised online with the courses being taught via elearning tools during the semester. The first intensive programme (attendance period) is scheduled from 19. - 30. September 2016 in Vilnius, the second from 06. - 17. February 2017 in Tampere and the last from 25. September - 06. October 2017 in Linz. Apart of the two weeks each semester and exams and meetings at regular intervals, students do not have to be personally present at the university.
- Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in the major subject or in a closely related field.
- Applicants must possess a strong knowledge of English for academic purposes. See English Language Test Requirements.
- In addition, work experience related to the programme or other related merits and qualifications will be considered
The next Master’s degree programme in Comparative Social Policy and Welfare takes place from September 2016 – May 2018.
How Do I Apply?
If you have any questions, please contact:
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Department of Social Policy and Politics
Phone: +43 732 2468 7154