Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alexander Egyed, M. Sc.
(Back to Team Overview)
Full Professor and Head of SEA
Science Park 3/0246-2
Phone: +43 732 2468 4382
Fax: +43 732 2468 4385
Egyed’s work has been supported by several large research grants from the Austria, UK, and USA. Dr. Egyed has a strong track record for working on software-intensive systems in interdisciplinary domains. He worked with the Northrop Grumman Company, Sarnoff, and Honeywell on integrating and testing a system that autonomously controls teams of unmanned vehicles. He also worked with the Boeing Company and the Carnegie Mellon University on defining and integrating product-line architectures for avionics systems. And, he helped the Mitre Corporation in the development and evaluation of collaborative agents for target detection and tracking in sensor grids. He recently also completed a project with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on providing self-healing support for a legacy DoD air tasking order system.
His work has led to over 50 refereed publications in scientific books, journals, and conferences (not counting workshops or non-referred publications). He also built a number of software products that are being used (or have been used) in industry and academia alike. While his work covers a broad spectrum of research issues in software and systems engineering, it does center on the desire to better integrate modeling into the software development process.
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE) 1999-2009
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM) 2004-2009
- Journal Information & Software Technology (IST) 2004-2008
- Journal on Systems and Software (JSS) 2005-2009
- Journal on Software Maintenance and Evolution (JSME) 2007-2008
- Journal Software and System Modeling (SoSyM) 2002-2009
- IEEE Software 2005-2007
- Journal on Automated Software Engineering (JASE) 2000, 2006, 2009
- Requirements Engineering Journal 2002
- IEEE Software Magazine 2006
- Journal Computer Standards & Interfaces (CS&I) 1998-2000
- Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (JAAMAS) 2009