Grammar in Context II, B2/C1
Beschreibung: German as a Foreign Language – Grammar in Context II (B2/C1) 2 ECTS, 2 hrs per week
Continued development of fundamental skills; creating more confidence with the use of German grammar structures
Objectives for Communication Skills:
• Training correct language use (grammar games, group and individual exercises, presentation / explanations of grammatical phenomena, correcting text excerpts as well as challenging one's own writing and speaking process)
• Active and passive: present passive, perfect passive, preterit passive, modal verbs in the passive voice, static passive; examples for rendering anonymous and depersonalization
• Verbs with prepositions
• Important prepositions with the genitive, dative, accusative, and a review of two-way (dative or accusative) prepositions
• Exercises of syntax, conjunctions and correct word order
• Subjunctive (present and past), subjunctive of modal verbs, direct and indirect discourse, etc.
• Present and past participles; formulating relative clauses as participles, etc.
• Review: declination of adjectives
Regular class attendance, active participation, homework, midterm and final exams