Opening Ceremony of the Christian Doppler Lab Mastering Variability in Software-intensive Cyber-physical Production Systems (VaSiCS)
On June 9th, the opening ceremony for our Christian Doppler Lab VaSiCS took place in the LIT Open Innovation Center Stufenforum and via Zoom as a hybrid event. Over 100 guests participated, about a third of them physically (of course adhering to all Covid-19-related regulations).
The event was opened by the lab heads and speeches by the following honorary guests:
- Univ. Prof. Dr. Alberta Bonanni, Vice-Rector for Research, Gender and Diversity
- Dr. Margarete Schramböck, Federal Minister for Digital and Economic Affairs (via Video, can be downloaded here, opens an external URL in a new window)
- Markus Achleitner, Minister of Economy and Research of the State Government of Upper Austria
- Univ. Prof. DI Dr. Dr.h.c.mult. Martin Gerzabek, President of the CDG
- Hans-Juergen Zeiher, Executive Vice President of Primetals Technologies
- Dr. Peter Juza, Vice President Primetals Technologies Austria
Then Prof. Rick Rabiser and Prof. Alois Zoitl gave an overview of the lab.
This was followed by keynote from Univ. Prof. Mag. Dr. Manuel Wimmer, Head of the Department of Business Informatics – Software Engineering and the CD Lab for Model-Integrated Smart Production, on “Cyber-Physical Production Systems: When Software Engineering meets Systems Engineering”.
Then, members of the lab presented first research results:
- A Survey of Cyber-Physical Production Systems and their Modularity (Dr. Antonio Gutierrez)
- Tool Support for Better Design of Cyber-Physical Production Systems (DI Lisa Sonnleithner)
- Mastering Variability in Cyber-Physical Production Systems with Deltas (Hafiyyan Sayyid Fadhlillah, MSc)
The media also reported on the event, here is a selection: