If you are planning to study abroad, please make sure to take the following into consideration:
- The JKU is advising students to reconsider going on exchange to any countries or areas in which travel warnings are currently in place. If, despite the recommendation, you plan on traveling to a high-risk area, the JKU will not be held liable for any damages incurred. In this case, you will not be able to apply for a JKU scholarship.
- Make sure to consistently observe the situation in the corresponding host country. Information regarding the current situation as well as travel warnings and travel restrictions are available on the Austrian Foreign Ministry homepage.
- Several partner universities abroad have suspended student exchange programs and/or are only offering online classes via remote learning. Check the host university's homepage for detailed information. Click here for an overview of mobility status of European universities.
- If the situation changes on short notice and you cannot/do not want to study abroad, your decision will not negatively affect any future applications you submit for a spot in the exchange program or to apply for a JKU study abroad scholarship. Postponing your stay abroad may also be an option. Contact your host university about the options.
- Scholarships and/or grants will not be awarded to students studying entirely online during the semester or academic year (studying from home)