- The internship must be a minimum of 2 months
- In an EU country or associated member country
- At a company, government or non-government organizations, private and public institutions (incl. universities) as well as at diplomatic institutions of the student's home country
Get a completely new perspective by combining work experience with a stay abroad and new cultural experiences.
Here we go!
These links may also be helpful:
- WKÖ ForeignTradeCenter: Volunteer Abroad
- Internships at EU Institutions
- Internships with the European Commission
- United Nations Internship Programme
- ERASMUSINTERN Internship Exchange
- Digital Opportunities Traineeships (Erasmus+)
Click here for information about health insurance when working abroad.
The experience abroad is priceless. There are scholarships available to help fund the other costs associated with your internship abroad:
JKU STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP
- Duration: a min. of 4 weeks
- Amounts: in Europe € 250 , outside of Europe € 500
- Apply before the internship begins
SCHOLARSHIP FOR AN INTERNSHIP IN A NON-GERMAN SPEAKING COUNTRY (must be a resident of Upper Austria)
If Upper Austria has been your official main residence for at least 1 year and you still need financial aid to help fund your internship abroad, you can also apply for a stipend from the state of Upper Austria as part of the IPS (Internationalization Program for Students). The amount is a max. of € 100 per month. In addition, you could receive a travel allowance for up to max. € 240 in Europe and a max. of € 480 outside of Europe.
Apply in the online application portal and use the form "Erasmus+ Internship: Scholarship Application" or "Other Stays Abroad: Scholarship Application" BEFORE the internship begins.