Summer School.

There is a countless number of summer school programs that vary in duration and course fees. Sign up directly with the organizer. To help you out financially, grants and scholarships are also available. So, what are you waiting for?






Discount Summer School Programs.

Some summer school programs are a great deal for JKU students, meaning there are little or even no course fees.

The registration procedures are a little different and selection takes place partially at the JKU.




Discount 2022 Summer School Programs with an Application at the JKU

Apply online, opens an external URL in a new window by May 24; the selection procedure will take place at the JKU. After that, you can contact the host university.

Discount Summer School Programs by Direct Application to the Host University/Organizer

The following scholarships are available to attend a summer school program abroad (not restricted to the programs listed above):

The JKU Study Abroad Scholarship

The scholarship is a subsidy to help cover the course fees and consists of a max. of € 250 for programs in Europe and a max. of € 500 for programs outside of Europe.

Apply online, opens an external URL in a new window BEFORE taking part in the program and please submit the following:

  • Current CV
  • Current transcripts
  • A statement as to why you would like to attend a summer school program
  • Course program and schedule
  • Doctoral candidates: Submit a dissertation agreement and statement issued by a professor in the field about the advantages and academic relevance of taking part in a summer school program (this will also replace credit transfer documents)

Please note: Any approved scholarship will only be paid out after a minimum of 1 ECTS credit per course week has been transferred. We strongly recommend applying for a pre-approval application before the summer school program is scheduled to begin.

Study Grant ("Studienbeihilfe") Eligibility You Are Officially Registered as a Resident of Upper Austria

If Upper Austria has been your official main residence for a minimum of 1 year and you still need financial aid to help pay for an immersion language course abroad, you can also apply for a scholarship from the state of Upper Austria as part of the IPS (Internationalization Program for Students). The amount is a max. of € 100 per month (the course must be a minimum of 10 days long). In addition, you could receive a travel allowance for up to max. € 240 for programs in Europe and a max. of € 480 for programs outside of Europe.

You can apply by submitting the form "Other Stays Abroad: Scholarship Application" in the online application portal, opens an external URL in a new window BEFORE your stay abroad begins.