1) Passport Copy
Only official identity documents that contain both a photograph and signature of the holder will be accepted.
2) Secondary school certificate(s) listing all subjects and gradesThe precises titles in your transcripts may vary but there must be confirmation of successfully completing secondary education. The grades for examination subjects must also be noted.
3) Proof of having passed a university entrance examination
Depending on the country that issued the secondary school certificate, you may be required to provide documentation proving you passed a university entrance examination and/or corresponding preliminary studies.
4) Documentation proving you have completed preliminary studies
Transcripts from individual semesters, a certificate conferring a degree, and the program's curriculum are admissible.
5) Documentation Proving Special University Admission Qualifications
- Was your citizenship and school-leaving certificate or degree issued by a non-EU/EEA country? Then in Austria, you may only choose those degree programs you would be allowed to study in the country where you completed secondary school/university.
- A university recognized in this country which offers the program must confirm that you have the right to study there (= documentation proving you hold special university entrance qualifications or "proof of being accepted to study")
- If you cannot provide documentation - or you provide incorrect documentation - applications submitted to study other degree programs will be rejected.
Documentation proving you hold special university entrance qualifications may not be older than three months at the time of application and must include:
- Your name
- The confirmation's date of issue
- The detailed name of the degree program which is same or similiar to the degree program you wish to enroll in at JKU, and
- Affirmation that you meet all of the admission requirements to study at an accredited university in the country where your higher secondary school certificate / degree was issued (for the semester in which you would also like to start studying at JKU Linz or apply for admission).
If the applicant is an EU or EEA citizen or an individual who meets the requirements of the Ordinance on Groups of Persons (i.e. asylum seekers and refugees), documentation proving you hold special university entrance qualifications is not required.
6) Proof of Language Proficiency
- German: If you choose to enroll in a German-language degree program and German is not your first language.
- English: If you choose to enroll in an English-language degree program, you will have to provide proof of proficiency in English.
- See the page: Language Certificates for information regarding levels of language proficiency.
Proof of Language Proficiency when Applying - German
When submitting the application, you must include language certificates demonstrating an A2 level of language proficiency in accordance with the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). These diplomas/certificates are recognized as proof of an A2 level of language proficiency.
- When submitting the application, the language certificates may not be older than 2 years.
- The JKU offers German language courses starting at level B1 as part of a pre-study program to prepare students for their studies. An overview of courses is available in KUSSS.
- Students applying to enroll in an academic degree program offered entirely in English are not subject to providing proof of language proficiency in German before beginning studies.