In order to complete the admission procedures to enroll at the university, you must come to the Admissions Office in person during the general admissions period.
- Before you can be admitted to enroll at the university to pursue an academic degree you must enter your personal information online.
- Simply entering your personal information online does not mean you have been admitted to the university to pursue your selected major. You must first be officially admitted and enroll at the university in order to begin a degree program.
Changes for Winter Semester 2020/2021 due to COVID-19 ("Coronavirus")
Under the COVID-19 University and High Education Act, the general admissions period for Winter Semester 2020(2021 has been extended to September 30, 2020.
To Start Studies for Summer Semester 2020
|General Admission Period||January 7, 2020||February 5, 2020|
|Grace Period*||February 6, 2020||June 30, 2020|
Special deadlines for third-country nationals
|September 6, 2019||November 30, 2019A|
To Start Studies for Winter Semester 2020/2021
|General Admission Period||July 6, 2020||September 30, 2020|
|Grace Period*||October 1, 2020||November 30, 2020|
|Special deadlines for third-country nationals |
who have different educational history and backgrounds
|February 6, 2020||June 30, 2020|
- Admission to a Doctorate/PhD program is year-round.
- Once the deadlines as listed above have passed, you can no longer be admitted to the university for that particular semester.
* Admission to a Bachelor's/Diploma degree program during the grace period is only permitted under exceptional circumstances. Please contact the Admissions Office for additional information.
To enroll, please bring the following original documents with you to the Admissions Office:
- Confirmation of having entered your personal information online (print-out of your confirmation e-mail)
- Valid passport or proof of citizenship with an official photo ID
- Proof of university entrance qualifications (such as an Austrian "Matura" diploma, etc.)
- Proof of having a Social Insurance number (such as an E-card)
- Confirmation in regards any change of name in the event that names on certain documents do not match (i.e. marriage certificate)
for New Students
Inquire at the Office of Examinations and Recognition Services if you can get university academic credit for courses taken at school!
If you are/were previously enrolled at another university or attended a educational college, you must also present the following documentation
- Departure documents if you are transferring from another university (when continuing with the same major)
- Proof of having a student ID number if you are/were enrolled at another Austrian university or educational college (i.e. Studies Record Sheet)
- Proof in regards to having successfully completed a degree program (a diploma, conferral documents, etc.)