Get Your JKU Card
After being admitted to studies, the Admissions Office will give you a student identification number and a JKU Card. The JKU Card is a photo ID card officially identifying you as a student at the Johannes Kepler University Linz. Each semester you can use a Service Point kiosk to have a new expiration date printed on the card.
NOTE! In order to continue studies, each semester you must pay the Austrian Student Union fee or, if applicable, tuition fees (see Step 6).
Your JKU Card can also serve as your:
- Library card
- Parking card
- Citizens Card (when activated)
Use a Service Point kiosk to:
- Pay the Austrian Student Union fees and/or tuition fees (see Step 6)
- Print / extend the expiration date on your JKU Card
- Check the campus map to find Service Point kiosk.
- Pay on campus without cash: copy machines, parking machines, vending machines as well as at the University Cafeteria, Ch@t, and the Science Café.
- Click here to learn more about parking at the JKU.
- Students who have less than €170/month for food are eligible to apply for the Austrian Student Union meal discount. The discount can be used at the cafeterias on the JKU campus, at the KHG and Raab Heim. Click here for detailed information