If you have been admitted to the university enrollment eligibility examination at the JKU Linz, you can apply for academic credit transfer for examinations taken at external educational institutions (providing they are considered equivalent and comparable in terms of content and scope).
- An Austrian "Matura" diploma (=Reifeprüfung)
- Vocational examination (=Berufsreifeprüfung)
- The "Externistenreifeprüfung"
- The Civil Service Promotion Examination (=Beamtenaufstiegsprüfung)
- University postgraduate programs (=Universitätslehrgänge)
- University-level courses (=Universitätslehrveranstaltungen)
- Other examinations taken at recognized educational institutions in Austria or abroad
If you have successfully passed a master craftsman's examination or a qualifying examination in accordance with the Trade Regulation Act (BGBl.No. 194/1994), or the Agricultural and Forestry Vocational Training Act (BGBl.No. 298/1990), you may apply to be exempt from taking a university enrollment eligibility examination in an elective subject area.
You can get academic credit for up to four examinations. You must take at least one examination at the JKU Linz.
Submit an Application
Once you have been admitted to take the university enrollment eligibility examination, you can apply for academic credit transfer via JKU MyAdmission.
Sign up using your student applicant account at JKU MyAdmission, opens an external URL in a new window and select "Studienberechtigungsprüfung".
At this stage, we will require the following documents:
- Valid passport, ID card, or driver's license along with your proof of citizenship
- Confirmation of any name change, providing not all of the documents contain the same name (i.e. marriage certificate)
- Proof/verification of the examination taken at an external location
If you have not yet been admitted to take the university enrollment eligibility examination, you can apply for credit transfer at the same time that you apply for admission.