Whereas the degree program in computer science covers the full range of computer science, other degree programs specialize in sub-areas of computer science, combining computer science content with contents from other degree programs:
- Business Informatics combines Computer Sciences with content in Business Administration. Business experts acquire an IT background.
- Electronics and Information Technology focuses on hardware aspects in the field of IT. This program combines base-knowledge in computer science with other topics such as electronics, sensor and measurement technology, automation technology and communications engineering.
- Mechatronics is a combination of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and computer science, focusing on topics such as electronics, mechanics and control engineering.
- In addition to base-knowledge in mathematics, statistics, logic and programming, the Artificial Intelligence program focuses on specialization areas such as machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence.
- The Teacher Education Program in Computer Sciences and Informatics Management trains educators in the field of computer sciences for secondary level schools (AHS, NMS schools, etc.).