The Heart of the JKU: The Linz University was founded in 1966 as a special university for Social Sciences, Economics & Business.
The Ph.D. program allows you to independently conduct research, expand and strengthen your expertise in methods pertaining to fields in social sciences, economics and business, and focus on current research at the Ph.D. level.
As part of your Ph.D. studies, you will learn to:
- Solve complex academic problems in the fields of basic and applied research,
- Actively take part in research processes and scientific discourse on an international level and in the context of a global labor market,
- Actively take part in research cooperative structures (social and team skills, scientific management),
- Actively take part in discursive research structures of research (communicative skills).
Doctorate Degree in Social Sciences, Economics & Business
Dr.in / Dr. rer.soc.oec.
Register to Enroll Secure your spot to study!Learn more
- Prospective candidates to the Ph.D. program must have successfully completed a Diploma or Master's degree in a field of social sciences, business and economics or a comparable degree program in scope and content.
Additional information about admission requirements is available at the Admissions Office.