The ingress of digital media and technologies in the business world go hand-in-hand with consistently having to re-design business models based on these forms of media and technology. This has become the basis of modern design concepts.
Over the past four decades, information technology and the internet have become an indispensable part of the business world:
The combination of technical and business concepts (Maaß, 2008) combined with new marketing concepts (such as advertising oriented value networks and business models like Google, Facebook, and YouTube) show that there is a high demand for degree programs that address new fields of skill and combine these skills with concepts of “Digital Business”. Digital Business is the strategic expansion of conventional fields of business to reshape concepts based on changes in market legalities or market positions: “Digital business is business in which strategic options have been transformed - and significantly broadened - by the use of digital technologies.” (Slywotzky & Weber & Morrison, 2000).
Register to Enroll Register to enroll betweenEnter Your Personal Information Online
Graduates of the program are highly qualified to successfully address strategic, tactical and operational activities:
- Methodological expertise in phases of analysis, creativity, design and implementation
- Expertise in the design and implementation of sustainable business models and their reflective analysis from a business-ethical perspective
- Leadership skills in regards to international management skills and personnel management
- E-Business skills in innovation, strategy, planning and controlling processes
- Managing international projects
- Innovation skills: ability to creatively solve unfamiliar and unique problems in Digital Business
- Comprehensive media skills (instinctive handling of new technologies)
- Managing corporate responsibility
- Comprehensive expertise ranging from independent entrepreneurial business planning to the strategic management of one's own company
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Informatics (JKU)
- or a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (JKU) with a focus on "e-Business and Communications Systems"
- or a Bachelor's degree in Marketing und Electronic Business (Univ of Applied Sciences of Upper Austria)
- or a comparable undergraduate degree equivalent in content and scope.
Prospective students must apply to the University of Applied Sciences of Upper Austria for one of 30 spots in the program. The Admissions Office will allocate spots in the program by taking the applicant's academic qualifications into account in balance with graduates from universities and from universities of applied sciences.
Applications can be submitted online or by mail to the University of Applied Sciences in Upper Austria (program: Digital Business Management); the FH OÖ will review all incoming applications and send the JKU a list of potential candidates for the program. If the selected candidates fulfill the university's admission requirements (a personal interview may also be required), he/she will be admitted by the Rectorate as a student of both the JKU and the FH OÖ.
You will then be admitted to the JKU. Contact the Office of Admissions at the JKU for additional information.