The JKU medical degree program is a Bachelor's-Master's program.Medicine
The Master’s degree program in Human Medicine at the JKU Linz puts you one step closer to your goal of becoming a medical professional for a new generation.
During the Master's degree program in Human Medicine, you will complete mandatory classes in the areas of the human life cycle, the nervous system, sensory organs, basic medical care, differential diagnostics, and medical emergencies. In addition, you have a wide choice of electives, such as
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Emergency Medicine
- Complementary Medicine
- Cardiac Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Gender Medicine
- Medical Law
We are constantly expanding the selection of electives.
The last year of the program is clinical traineeship, giving you hands-on, real-world practice in addressing medical issues and working at different clinical departments, at a hospital, or in general medical practice.
Dr. med. univ.
German (Level C1)
Main Areas of Focus
The Master's degree program in Human Medicine gives you the skills and capabilities you need to become a medical professional:
- You deepen your medical and scientific expertise as well as your method of working in a problem-oriented, team-based and networked manner.
- You acquire broad medical knowledge, particularly in the areas of the human life cycle, the nervous system, sensory organs, basic medical care, differential diagnostics, and medical emergencies.
- You hone your hands-on skills and abilities in all medical areas during your undergraduate and graduate studies.
- You develop your communication skills and social skill set as a prospective physician.
- You exercise your profession independently as well as continue your education as part of a lifelong learning program.
Requirements for the Master’s degree program:
|Nervous System and Sensory Organs||x|
|Basic Medical Care||x|
|Differential Diagnosis and Emergencies||x|
|Medical Skills and Abilities||x||x||x||x|
|Mandatory Clinical Traineeship||x||x|
Admission to Studies
In order to be admitted to the Master's degree program, you must fulfill the following requirements.
- If your first language is not German, you will be required to submit proof of C1 level of language proficiency in German.
- Successful completion of the Bachelor's degree program Human Medicine at the JKU or at the Medical University Graz allows you to enroll in the Master's degree program in Human Medicine without any admission constraints.
- In the event you did not complete your Bachelor's degree in Human Medicine at the JKU Linz or the Medical University Graz you need to absolve an admissions procedure (German only).
Start Your Studies - Step-by-Step Guide
Here is a step-by-step guide to the admissions procedure beginning with entering your personal information to paying tuition fees! We have also summarized all of the important information about the admissions procedure for you.
Advanced Degree Programs
After completing your graduate degree, you can continue your education by pursuing an advanced degree: