Here is a step-by-step guide to start the Master's Degree in Psychology.
Please note that in order to enroll in this degree program, you must meet the admission requirements.
Step 1: Enter Your Personal Information
The process of entering your personal information means you will be asked to fill out an online form disclosing your personal information and then you will be asked to select your major. The procedure consists of two parts:
- Part A: Disclose your contact information and create a user account
- Part B: Select your major and provide information about your educational background, etc.
Complete both sections before the following respective deadlines:
Deadlines to Enter Personal Information Online
|Intended Start of Studies||Start||End|
|for Winter Semester||May 1, 2019||July 15, 2019|
After entering your personal information, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please check your the spam folder in your Inbox or contact the Admissions Office directly.
- After entering your personal information (and completing both parts), you will be registered to the complete the Admissions Procedure (Step 3).
- Once the deadlines as listed above have expired, you can no longer be admitted to the university for that particular semester.
Step 2: Review Educational Background
Did you complete a degree in Psychology at one of the following public universities in Austria?
- Alpen-Adria-University of Klagenfurt
- Karl-Franzens-University of Graz
- Leopold-Franzens-University of Innsbruck
- Paris-Lodron-University of Salzburg
- University of Vienna
If yes, proceed directly to "Step 3 - Completing the Admission Procedure" as you fulfill the requirements to enroll in the Master's degree in Psychology at the Johannes Kepler University Linz. Please submit proof of your education (Bachelor's degree diploma) as part of the admission process (Step 4) by the end of the grace period (November 30, 2019).
Apply for Admission
If you have completed your Bachelor's degree in Psychology at another educational institution, you must submit a written application in order to be admitted to the Master's program in Psychology. We recommend submitting the application within the following time period:
|May 1, 2019||June 30, 2019|
Send the application per postal service or bring it to the Admissions Office in person. You may then proceed to Step 3 - Completing the Admission Procedure.
If your application for admission is approved, you will receive a (conditional) letter of admission. If you successfully complete the admissions procedure, you can proceed to Step 4 - Admission to Studies.
Step 3: Completing the Admissions Procedure
The admission procedure and admission test for the 2019 academic year will take place on August 28, 2019. Please note the following important information:
- The admissions test takes place ONLY ONCE per academic year and is given only in German.
- Keep the whole day free! You will receive detailed information about the location, time and test schedule approximately 14 days before the admission test.
- You will receive information about the material the exam will cover in due time before the examination date.
- You will receive examination results by mid-September 2019
August 28, 2019
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenberger Straße 69
Step 4: Admission to the Program
Once you have successfully completed the Admissions Procedure (Step 3), you can complete your enrollment at the university. Please come to the Admissions Office within the dates below:
|Intended Start of Studies||Start||End|
|Winter Semester||After receiving the results of the admissions procedure||November 30, 2019 (No given grace period)|
- Once the above deadline has passed, you can no longer be admitted to the program for that particular semester.
Please bring the following documents* in the original with you to the Admissions Office:
*Important: You must present your conditional letter of admission to the Admissions Office (see Step 2).
Additional Steps to Start Your Studies
Feel Like Studying?
Need an overview?
An overview of general information about the program is available here.