Here is a step-by-step guide to start the Master's Degree in Psychology.
Please note that in order to enroll in this degree program, you must meet the admission requirements.
Step 1: Enter Your Personal Information
The process of entering your personal information means you will be asked to fill out an online form disclosing your personal information and then you will be asked to select your major. The procedure consists of two parts:
- Part A: Disclose your contact information and create a user account
- Part B: Select your major and provide information about your educational background, etc.
Complete both sections before the following respective deadlines:
Deadlines to Enter Personal Information Online
|Intended Start of Studies||Start||End|
|for Winter Semester||April 1, 2020||June 15, 2020|
After entering your personal information, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please check your the spam folder in your Inbox or contact the Admissions Office directly.
- After entering your personal information (and completing both parts), you will be registered to the complete the Admissions Procedure (Step 3).
- Once the deadlines as listed above have expired, you can no longer be admitted to the university for that particular semester.
Step 2: Review Educational Background
Did you complete a Psychology degree at one of the following public universities in Austria ?
- Alpen-Adria-University of Klagenfurt
- Karl-Franzens-University of Graz
- Leopold-Franzens-University of Innsbruck
- Paris-Lodron-University of Salzburg
- University of Vienna
If yes, proceed directly to "Step 3 - Completing the Admission Procedure". There will be no further review of your educational qualifications for admission. Please submit proof of your education (Bachelor's degree diploma) as part of the admission process (Step 4) by the end of the Grace Period (November 30, 2020).
Apply for Admission
If you have completed your Bachelor's degree in Psychology at another educational institution, you must submit a written application in order to be admitted to the Master's program in Psychology. We recommend submitting the application within the following time period:
|February 6, 2020||April 30, 2020|
Send the application per postal service or bring it to the Admissions Office in person. The documents you need are available here on the homepage Admission to a Master's Degree Program. You may then proceed to Step 3 - Completing the Admission Procedure.
If your application for admission is approved and you have successfully completed the admissions procedure, you can proceed to Step 4 - Admission to Studies.
Step 3: Completing the Admissions Procedure
The admission procedure and admission test for the 2020/2021 academic year will take place on July 22, 2020. Please note the following important information:
- The admissions test takes place ONLY ONCE per academic year and is given only in German .
- Please register by 1:00 PM. The test begins at 1:30 PM on the dot.
- Test results will be availably by mid-August 2020 at the latest.
Information about the examinations and other important information will be available here shortly.
July 22, 2020
Test: 1:30 PM
Registration: 1:00 PM
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenberger Straße 69
Step 4: Admission to the Program
Once you have successfully completed the Admissions Procedure (Step 3), you can complete your enrollment at the university. Please come to the Admissions Office within the dates below :
|Start of Studies||Start||End|
|Winter Semester||After receiving the results of the entrance test||November 30, 2020 (no given grace period)|
Once the above deadline has passed, you can no longer be admitted to the program for that particular semester .
Please bring the following documents in the original with you to the Admissions Office :
Additional Steps to Start Your Studies
Feel Like Studying?
Need an overview?
An overview of general information about the program is available here.