You have a Bachelor's degree in education in your back pocket? Earn a Master's degree and make your dream of becoming an educator come true.
The Master's degree program in Teacher Education Studies, Secondary Level (General Education) is offered in cooperation between Upper Austria and Salzburg. The program allows you to combine two subject areas covered during your Bachelor's degree or one subject area and the specialization "Inklusive Pädagogik" from your Bachelor's program.
The Master's degree qualifies you to teach at the following schools:
- General Secondary School (AHS),
- Vocational secondary or higher schools (i.e. HAK, HAS, HLW, HTL)
- (New) Middle Schools (NMS)
- Polytechnic Schools (PTS)
- Special education schools
Master's Degree Teacher Education Studies
Secondary Level (General Education)
Master of Education (MEd)
German (Level C1)
Upper Austria and Salzburg (Cluster Mitte)
You want to become an educator? Detailed information about becoming an educatorlehrerin-werden.at
Subject Area Combinations for Students in Upper Austria
The Master's degree program in Teacher Education Studies, Secondary Level (General Education) requires combining two subject areas from the Bachelor's degree program in Teacher Education Studies, Secondary Level (General Education).
Admission to Studies
The new "LiLes" Service Center
The LiLeS (Linz Secondary School Teacher Training) Service Center is located on the main square in Linz. Your point of contact to
- register to enroll in a degree program
- learn more about the admissions procedure
- be admitted to studies
- learn more about the courses
The LiLeS is responsible for these tasks on behalf of the JKU (as well as all Linz educational institutions in the Central Cluster), and admits students to the program in Linz.
Students interested in the program must fulfull the following admission requirements in order to enroll in the Master's degree program in Teacher Education Studies, Secondary Level (General Education):
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree in Teacher Education Studies, Secondary Level (General Education) as part of the "Cluster Mitte" development association
- or a comparable degree earned at a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Austria or abroad.
Submit an application of admission at the JKU Admissions Office. Register for the program (admission to studies) at the LiLeS Service Center.
- If you completed your Bachelor's degree as part of a different development network than "Cluster Mitte", you will be asked to prove your artistic aptitude (Module C) by passing a current admissions examination. This applies to teaching the following subjects:
- Art education
- Instrumental music education
- Design: Technology, textiles, media design, music education as well as discontinuing subject areas: textile design and design - UF Technisches Werken.
- If the program language is not your first language, you must also submit proof of language proficiency in German, Level C1.
Advanced Degree Programs
After completing your graduate degree, you can continue your education by pursuing an advanced degree:
Similar Degree Programs
These academic degree programs may also be of interest: