The Gender & Diversity Management Unit is committed to the socio-politically relevant areas of Equality and Diversity.
Advancement of women and equal opportunities for all genders, social inclusion and diversity as well as the reconciliation of work/university and family life are its central tasks.
The unit’s primary objectives are:
- the furthering of a corporate culture attuned to gender democracy and diversity
- the creation of awareness and sensitivity founded in gender and diversity
- to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented
- the establishment of broadly effective women’s advancement programs
- the creation and realization of diversity specific measures
The unit’s primary tasks are to:
- analyze and report on data of all university members relevant to equality and specific to diversity
- create gender mainstreaming and diversity implementation strategies
- design and implement continuing education and women’s advancement initiatives
- initiate career counselling and planning activities
- devise work/university – family life balance solutions
- process and provide information relevant for families