The Vice-Rector for Medicine represents the Faculty of Medicine outside of the JKU and, in cooperation with the members of the Rectorate, is responsible for advancing and expanding the faculty.
The Vice-Rector's responsibilities include:
- Managing professorship appointments
- Drafting a research strategy and building research infrastructure at the Faculty of Medicine
- Creating educational concepts and implementing the curriculum for Human Medicine
- Taking part in planning and managing additional clinical expenses
- Supporting junior researchers in the medical field
The Dean of Research and the Dean of Studies assist the Vice-Rector for Medicine to fulfill his/her duties and responsibilities.