The Vice-Rector for Medicine represents the Faculty of Medicine to the outside and is responsible for the advancement and expansion of the faculty in cooperation with the members of the Rectorate.
His or her particular area of responsibility includes:
- Managing professorship appointments
- Research strategy and research infrastructure for the Faculty of Medicine
- Creating educational concepts and implementing the Human Medicine curriculum
- Taking part in planning and managing additional clinical expenses
- Supporting junior scientists in the medical field
The Dean of Research and the Dean of Studies assist the Vice-Rector for Medicine fulfill his/her duties and responsibilities.