Positions in Computational Data Analytics
We are currently looking for post-doctoral researchers in machine learning, game playing or knowledge discovery in databases for the Computational Data Analytics group of Prof. Johannes Fürnkranz. Exceptionally well qualified doctoral students may also apply.
We are particularly interested in researchers in one or more of the following areas
- Interpretability in AI
- Inductive Rule Learning
- Preference Learning
- Multi-Label Classification
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Monte-Carlo Tree Search
- Machine Learning and Game Playing
- Conduct independent research and collaborate in machine learning projects
- Publish in renowned international journals and conferences
- Supervise students
- Teaching and/or Teaching assistantships
- Ph. D. in Computer Science or a related area (Master is sufficient if exceptionally well qualified)
- Strong background and track record in machine learning, game playing, or knowledge discovery
- Knowledge and prior work in one or more of the above-mentioned areas is a plus
- Willingness and ability to work in a team and to support students and lectures
About the group
The Computational Data Analytics group at the Institute for Application-Oriented Knowledge Processing (FAW) has been started in 2019 by Prof. Johannes Fürnkranz. Together with the existing groups of Prof. Sepp Hochreiter (Machine Learning) or Prof. Gerhard Widmer (Computational Perception), the Computer Science Department of JKU Linz has become a leading center for machine learning and artificial intelligence research in Austria and beyond. In Winter Term 2019, JKU has started the first Bachelor’s and Master’s study programs in Artificial Intelligence in Austria.
The area offers excellent quality of living in the heart of Europe ‒ close to the alps between Vienna, Salzburg, Prague and Munich. Linz provides a superb cultural environment, e.g. with the Ars Electronica Festival and the nearby Salzburg Festival. Moreover, the world-cultural heritage sites Hallstatt and Český Krumlov are less than two hours away. The picturesque and versatile landscape provides countless options for recreation and sports in nature (skiing, hiking, climbing, cycling, and many more).
How to apply
Prospective applicants interested in these positions are requested to electronically send an application via the JKU online application portal.
Please specify Job Reference Number 3990 in your application. Please provide us with
- a CV, including a publication list
- a research statement describing how you would position your work with respect to one or more of the above-mentioned areas
- up to 3 sample publications
The position is open until filled. If you have questions, please contact Prof. Johannes Fürnkranz.