Technology and Research Platform – Hybrid Materials: TFP-HyMat
Hybrid materials are promising, novel composite materials which open up new potentials because of their specific properties as well as their applicability in new processing technologies. The overall goal of the project is the implementation of a cross border technology and research platform for production and processing of hybrid materials.
The lead partner in the TFP-HyMat project, Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH, focusses on the nanofibrillation and modification of never dried pulp by means of an extruder in order to improve the properties of biopolymer-based filaments for 3D printing.
- Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH
- University of Passau (Institute for Software Systems in Technical Applications of Computer Science, FORWISS)
- University of Salzburg (Department Chemistry and Physics of Materials)
- Salzburg University of Applied Science (Forest Products Technology & Timber Construction)
- Institute for Chemical Technology of Organic Materials, JKU Linz