The RF-Systems group of the Institute for Communications Engineering and RF-Systems at the Johannes Kepler University Linz (JKU) offers positions for pre-doctoral researchers that are to be filled as soon as possible. The research topics of our group include integrated RF circuits, passive RF components, as well as system design and signal processing for wireless sensing and localization. A strong focus is on mm-wave radar systems for automotive and industrial applications.
The projects are carried out together with industrial partners and offer the possibility of a dissertation.
Candidates should have a master-equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Mechatronics, respectively, or in a closely related field like Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Physics. The working languages are English and/or German.
- Experience in at least one of the following fields:
- RF circuits and systems
- RF measurement techniques
- Digital signal processing
- Software and hardware development for DSP- and/or FPGA-based systems
- Electronic hardware development
- Independent and self-motivated working
- Good IT skills
- It is not expected that the candidate already has publications in the mentioned research areas, but this is a plus.
- Carrying out research in one of the aforementioned projects
- Publication and presentation of the scientific work in journals and at international conferences
- Involvement in teaching and research administration
- The yearly gross salary for Ph.D. students is € 45.882,20 (working time 40 hours/week). An estimate for the net salary can be calculated at https://www.cpulohn.at/bmf, opens an external URL in a new window.
Johannes Kepler University is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your application with personal and scientific data and a compact statement about scientific interests and achievements to: jobs(at)nthfs.jku.at with reference to “Application at NTHFS: Your Last name Your First name”.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Andreas Stelzer
Johannes Kepler Universität Linz
Altenberger Straße 69