We currently have 2 immediate job openings for PhD students (full-time employment, 40 hours/week) in the field of signal processing for RF transceivers. The successful applicants will work in the Christian Doppler Laboratory for Digitally Assisted RF Transceivers for Future Mobile Communications, which is in co-operation with Apple B.V. & Co KG, and hosted jointly by the Institute of Signal Processing and the Institute for Communications Engineering and RF-Systems at Johannes Kepler University Linz.
- Perform research both independently and in a team in the area of signal processing for RF transceivers with the goal of completing a doctorate/PhD degree in engineering
- Perform research to contribute to innovations of industry partner Apple
- Present your scientific results in publications at international scientific conferences and journals
- Participate in administrative and organizational tasks of the hosting institutes
- Participate in public relations activities of the Christian Doppler Laboratory for Digitally Assisted RF Transceivers for Future Mobile Communication and/or the faculty
- Master-equivalent degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics or in a closely related field of study like Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Physics
- Solid background in one or more of the following areas: signal processing, communications engineering, RF transceivers
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
What We Offer:
- On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is € 2.971,50.- gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1)
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic research environment
- Challenging research topics
- Close cooperation with an international industrial partner who is technology leader
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- Attractive continual educational opportunities
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted positions are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria including CV, graduation documents, transcript of records, language certificate and publication list if available via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 15.02.2021.