Contacts (if not stated otherwise): Verena Haunschmid, Jan Schlüter
These student projects can be started any time (including holidays) and can span over semester boundaries.
Remark: We are open for new proposals - if you are interested in Intelligent Music Processing, feel free to contact us!
- Real-time Score Following for Automatic Musical Accompaniment
- Sound detection and segmentation in opera recordings
- Source Separation
- Emotion, Mood and Theme Recognition
- Instrument Detection / Tagging
- Adversarial Examples in Instrument Detection / Music Tagging
- Learning Timbre and Pitch Invariant Audio Features for Arbitrary Downstream Tasks (Contact: Paul Primus)
- Cross-dataset comparison of machine learning tasks in music information retrieval (Contact: Markus Schedl)
- Intelligent music browsing interfaces (Contact: Markus Schedl)
These topics are focusing on processing music audio recordings. We also offer topics for strictly symbolic music processing.