Scientific expertise for practice!
Our self-image as a representative of an applied discipline is characterized by the endeavor to provide scientific expertise and practical experience for management and leadership practice. In applied research projects, consulting projects, team development, executive training, MBA programs and coaching as well as through our practice publications - e.g. at the Austrian Management Review and Exchange forums within the Austrian Academy of Management & Leadership, we support decision makers in shaping the path development of their areas of responsibility.
Contributions to research
- Güttel, Wolfgang H. (Hg.) (2017): Erfolgreich in turbulenten Zeiten: Impulse für Leadership, Change Management & Ambidexterity. München, Augsburg.
- Austrian Management Review (seit 2011; aktuell Vol. 7)
- Gruenauer, Johanna/Güttel, Wolfgang H./Wurmbrand, Alfred (2017): Simple Rules – Wie sich Unternehmen das Leben einfacher machen können und dennoch effektiver agieren! Zeitschrift für Führung & Organisation (accepted for publication; forthcoming).
- Güttel, Wolfgang H. (2017): Führung und Wandel des Leistungskerns. Austrian Management Review, Vol. 7/2017, 9-31.
- Güttel, Wolfgang H./Wiesinger, Judith (2015): Leadership in turbulenten Zeiten Resilienz und Entscheidungsheuristiken bei disruptiven Veränderungen. Austrian Management Review, Vol. 5/2015, 33-45.
- Garaus; Christian/Furtmüller, Gerhard/Güttel, Wolfgang H. (2016): Even TinyRewards Can Motivate People to Go the Extra Mile: A study of truly piddlingrewards in online learning. Harvard Business Review/HBR.org.
Practical projects / partners
- Our institute offers with the LIMAK Austrian Business School an MBA program on Change Management & Organizational Development as well as a certificate course on Leadership. We qualify executives and high potentials for leadership and change processes.
- In the teaching program of the JKU, we involve our students in the analysis and solution development for current management and change topics. Hofer, FACC, Energie, OÖGKK or voestalpine serve us as project partners.
- In our research projects, we examine selected areas of the company and offer feedback and suggestions for improvement. We also work with Silhouette, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Würth, Technosert, Ehinger-Schwarz or with hospitals.
- In training-, team development- or consulting projects, we also work on clearly defined problem areas (e.g. OMV, Oberbank, Hypo Alpe Adria / HETA, KGKK, Novomatic, Austrian National Library, Lenzing).