We assume that the preparation of a diploma / master's thesis at our institute can count on around 70 person-days (page volume of the diploma / master thesis: approx. 60-80 pages). This means that as the author of this work, you will be a "virtual member" of our team. We offer intensive support and cooperation, but at the same time demand an extremely high level of commitment from the author in her or his scientific work.
For capacity reasons, only students who have successfully completed either the HRCM specialization or the HRCM specialization in the bachelor's program or relevant master's courses offered by the institute can be looked after. In addition, the grade point average of the completed courses is taken into account.
While the diploma thesis can be written in English or German, the Master's thesis has to be written in English.
For all diploma / master theses, a 10-page Research Proposal has to be prepared in advance. The Research Proposal is the central decision criterion for taking on a caring commitment and comprises the following components:
- Introduction (research gap, aim, structure of the thesis)
- State of the field in theoretical and empirical research (theories, empirical results and research gap)
- Research strategy and method outline of the research project (expected results for theory and practice)
- Project plan (Objectives, timeline, milestones)
Submissions of research proposals are possible on an ongoing basis.
We kindly ask you to submit your research proposal electronically to your preferred supervisor and to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessment criteria of the Research Proposals
- Relevance of the topic Embedded in the research focus of the institute
- Processing of existing empirical and theoretical research results
- Clarity of the objective in relation to existing literature
- Dealing with scientific literature
- Fit the research strategy to the research project
- methodological skills
- Degree of innovation of the work
Link to SE Master Thesis Seminar
If the diploma / master thesis has been accepted, a participation in the Master Thesis Seminar (including lecture and discussion) is compulsory.
Literature: Top Journals
When writing your diploma / master thesis, always orientate yourself to up-to-date scientific literature. You will find a list of top journals here:
- Administrative Science Quarterly
- Academy of Management Journal
- Academy of Management Review
- British Journal of Management
- Die Betriebswirtschaft
- European Management Review
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management Journal
- Human Resource Management Review
- Human Relations
- International Journal of Human Resource Development and Management
- International Journal of Human Resource Management
- Industrial and Corporate Change
- Journal of Management
- Journal of Management Studies
- Long Range Planning
- Management Learning
- Management Science
- Organization Science
- Organization Studies
- Research Policy
- Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal
- Strategic Management Journal
- Schmalenbach Business Review/Zeitschrift für betriebswirtschaftliche Forschung
- Zeitschrift für Personalforschung