Before and During The First Semester
In this section you find comprehensive information on what you need to know about studying Biological Chemistry at the University of Linz (JKU) and the University of South Bohemia (USB).
All Biological Chemistry students have to enrol at both universities (JKU Linz and USB Ceske Budejovice) right from start of their study.
NEW STUDENTS 2020:
There will be only online enrolment both at JKU and USB for study year 2020/2021. All Biological Chemistry students should be enrolled at both universities!
Enrolment at JKU
For Austrian students enrolment procedure for Biological Chemistry is the same as for any other degree program. You can find more information at Enrolment for Austrian Students.
Students from Budweis will also register online before 4th September 2020. Contact Mrs. Ricanova (email@example.com) from Study department at USB if you are Biological Chemistry student accepted primarily via USB Budweis and need more ifnormation).
Students from Budweis who are EU citizens are considered equivalent to Austrian Students in Linz.
If you are neither an Austrian nor a Czech student coming from Budweis you are considered to be an International Student (see also section International Students).
Non-EU citizens will require student visa for the country, where they will have residence during the respective semesters.
Enrolment at USB
After matriculation in Linz, primarily JKU students must also enroll at University of South Bohemia.
There will be only online enrolment to USB for primarily JKU students this year!
Send following forms and documents via email to Mrs. Stepanka Ricanova (firstname.lastname@example.org) and CC/copy of the email to Mr. Michal Kamenicky (email@example.com).
Current deadline: end of October 2020 - please do it as soon as possible
Naming of documents: lastname.xxxx.pdf - e.g. James Beaker - beaker.passport.pdf
Send the documents only in allowed formats - other formats will be not accepted.
- scan your passport (all relevant pages) - only pdf format - name it lastname.passport.pdf
- print Confimation of registration for WS2020 from KUSSS (KUSSS - My settings - Documents - Confirmation of registration) - only pdf format - name it lastname.confirmantion.pdf
- fill in Informed Agreement USB 2020 including signature - only pdf format - name it lastname.agreementUSB2020.pdf
- fill in Enrolment form USB 2020 in docx - no signature (it schould be possible to copy text from the form) - only doc/docx format - name it lastname.enrolmentUSB2020.docx
- print the filled Enrolment form USB 2020, sign it, scan it - in pdf format - name it lastname.enrolmentUSB2020.pdf
NOTE: Year of graduation in the enrolment form means year of graduation at high school/grammer school - year of Abitur/Matura/final high school examination
CHANGE - IMPORTANT: - Please pick up personally a document with instructions from USB in Ceske Budejovice to finish your enrolment. It will be not send by post to your home address. The document is necessary to complete your enrolment at USB.
- WHERE: JKU Linz, Institute of Organic Chemistry, TN Tower, 3rd floor, office T355 - Michal Kamenicky.
- WHEN: Students will receive a contact email form Michal Kamenicky (firstname.lastname@example.org) - the enrolment data are sent by post from USB Ceske Budejovice to JKU once per week.
- Do not forget your JKU Student Card (or passport), face mask and a pen.
Please, pay Student Union Fees and Tuition Fees (ÖH- und Studienbeitrag) at JKU ASAP. We cannot contact you without paid fees and you cannot print the Confimation of registration.
In case of questions concerning the inscription, please contact vice-dean Mr. Tomáš Hauer (email@example.com) or the study department (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can reach Budweis by train (check CD, OBB), by bus (check this website) or by car.
During the first year (March/April), students can submit an application for an ERASMUS scholarship for the second year of their study in Budweis, see section scholarship and International Office.
In principle students can enter this bachelor program by either enrolling first in Budweis (CZ) or in Linz (AT).
The admission procedure at JKU for international students (with non-Austrian academic qualification and certification) is depending on the country where the student comes from. Therefore contact per E-mail the email@example.com of JKU Linz, where you will obtain the correct information required for the admission at JKU Linz.
For the Bachelor program in Biological Chemistry there is an important exception:
The "German Proof of Education" is NOT required, since the entire program is taught in English. For any questions regarding registration/enrollment in Autria please send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Students with no EU or EEA citizenship must apply for a resident permit in both countries Austria and Czech Republic!!! Information regarding visas and residence permits you can obtain at the Austrian and Czech Consulate or Embassy located in your home country.
- Steiner, Erich The Chemistry Maths Book, 1996, ISBN 9780198559139
- Atkins/Jones Chemical Principles: the quest for insight, 4th ed., 2007, ISBN 0-7167-9903-0
- Atkins/Jones Chemical Principles. Study Guide and Solutions Manual, 4th ed., 2007, ISBN 9781429200998
- Shriver/Atkins Inorganic Chemistry, 2006, ISBN 9780716748786
- Rosenberg/Epstein Schaum's Outline of College Chemistry, 9th ed., 2007, ISBN 9780071476706
- Harris, Daniel C. Quantitative chemical analysis, 7. ed., 3. print., 2007, ISBN 978-0-7167-7041-1
- Bruice, P.Y Organic Chemistry , 5.ed., 2007, ISBN 0-13-199631-2
- Wade , L. G. Organic Chemistry, 6.ed. , 2006, ISBN 0-13-196891-2