process engineering is exciting, membrane technology efficient and ecological!
Your Master's thesis for the future!
Membrane distillation for desalination is an attractive research topic worldwide.
This technology for water treatment, especially for desalination of seawater and highly saline industrial waste streams using low-carbon energy sources, such as low-carbon waste heat or solar energy.
A topic of the future!
- Scientific processing of the membrane distillation crystallisation project (MDC).
- Carrying out investigations on fractional crystallisation and characterisation of NaCl, CaCO3 and MgSO4.
- Investigate nucleation and growth kinetics in the presence of seeds in AGMDC.
- Determination of suitable operating conditions to control the shape, size, size distribution and polymorphism of crystals in a metastable concentration/temperature zone.
- Set-up of the MDC facility.
- Extensive measurements at the MDC facility.
You are also welcome to develop a research topic (e.g. for a student research project or doctoral thesis).
For further information, please contact Prof. Mark Hlawitschka.