NEW! Master of Economic and Business Analytics
The new Master's degree program "Economic and Business Analytics" can show you how to keep track of huge amounts of data, how to interpret data, how to make it profitable for companies and to benefit society, and how to make business decisions based on these data.
Starting in fall 2019 we offer the following courses within the Master's degree program Economic and Business Analytics:
- Operations Research (6 ECTS - 2 courses 4 ECTS (KS) and 2 ECTS (IK)): Optimize distribution networks, simulate business processes, improve resource utilization. Competitive companies make plans and decisions based on quantitative models and methods. In the course you learn how to master the necessary tools and methods. (offered every winter semester)
- Introduction to Digital Transformation and Technologies (6 ECTS): Data, Data, Data. Get to know the entire business analytics process. From data generation and mining, the systems used to store the data, to the description, visualization, and usage of data to take business decisions. (offered every semester)
- Programming for Business Tasks (6 ECTS): Discover the easy to learn programming language Julia which has been developed at MIT for Data Scientists and Business Analysts. (starting spring 2021)
- Computational Logistics: Opimization (6 ECTS): use OPL/CPLEX to model optimization problems arising in logistics and learn about advanced exact solution approaches. Use this knowledge to model and solve a logistics problem in the form of a small project. (offered every winter semester)
- Computational Logistics: Metaheurisitcs (6 ECTS): Metaheuristics are powerful algorithms which have been successfully used in transportation planning, production scheduling, timetabeling and so on, to produce high quality solutions to complex problems in very short computation times. They are nowadays core to many software products. Learn how they work and test your own ideas in a small project work. Basic programming skills required! (offered every summer semester)