The research of the LIT | CPS Lab covers two main areas with the following research topics:
Software engineering methods for the control level of production plants and machines
- Modularization, decoupling, reusability
- Service orientation (orchestration, choreographies)
- Which languages (IEC 61131-3, IEC 61499, ...) to use and to further develop
- Quality assurance (testing, formal methods, ...) and development processes
- Use and networking of engineering data from other engineering disciplines
- Handling variability of different engineering disciplines
- Consistency checks between engineering data of different disciplines
- Derivation of requirements, tests, ...
- Generating code, simulations, configurations, ...
Networking in production and machines
- Data acquisition and preparation, "Supervisory Control"
- Implementing real-time service-oriented architectures
- OPC UA: Information Modeling, VDMA Standards, Use of Methods and Programs, Pub/Sub
- Time Sensitive Networking (TSN): Properties, possibilities, configuration and areas of application
New Software Engineering Methods and Tools for Mastering Variability and Complexity in Cyber-physical Production Systems
- Variability modeling and product configuration
- Software Maintenance and Evolution
- Software Monitoring