We are seeking highly motivated and talented individuals to join our dynamic research team as a Senior Lecturer or External Lecturer in Machine Learning. The successful candidates will teach central courses, exercises and lectures in the successful “Artificial Intelligence” curriculum at Johannes Kepler University.
- engage in the institute‘s teaching activities within the Artificial Intelligence curriculum.
- supervise students; prepare and hold lectures in a thriving AI study program
- Senior Lecturer “Artificial Intelligence” (SL): PhD degree or equivalent in machine learning or closely related field, such as Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- External Lecturer (EL): MSc degree or equivalent in Machine Learning or closely related field, such as Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- All positions
- background in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Statistical Inference or related field
- experience with programming in Python
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- willingness and ability to work in a team and to support students
What We Offer:
- SL: On the basis of full-time employment (40 hours/week) the salary in accordance with the collective agreement, CA Job Grade: B1 (PostDoc)
- EL: ~1,325€ per semester per course (45min per week)
- Opportunity to work together with leading experts in the field Prof. Sepp Hochreiter, opens an external URL in a new window and/or Prof. Günter Klambauer
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement
- Stable employer
- Attractive campus environment with good public transportation connections
- State-of-the-art research infrastructure
- Dynamic teaching environment
- Broad range of on-campus dining services/healthy meals (organic food at the cafeteria)
- Exercise and sports classes (USI)
- …and much more
October 15th, 2023, only full application documents will be considered
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in a position, please send regular application documents including:
a) Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
b) Curriculum vitae (ideally not more than 3 pages) including a Google Scholar link to your profile
c) Optional: recommendation or reference letters
Please address the position (“SL” or “EL”) and email to: Mrs. Doris Kaiserreiner via Email address recruiting(at)ai-lab.jku.at